Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pin Up...

My latest shoot...


Yes this is a real person, not a painting :)
After many many many years of practicing photography, among other things, I have decided to go professional. I have dedicated this blog to my many adventures in this pursuit.

I am a Navy wife, mother of two, a 5yr old and a 5mo old. I love to create, build, sew, do anything that uses the imagination. After giving birth to my daughter (5mo old) I just don't have enough hours in the day to execute all of my ideas. I have narrowed my free time down to photography. I guess I like the fact that it satisfies others a long with my self. I take pictures of just about everything. Right now I am specializing in pin up style photography. 
Me about 2yrs ago, messing around with some hair techniques


YouTube is a great resource for those of you experimenting with the pin up style. 

This was an earlier shoot that I did from my home with nothing but a few solid backdrops.
I just want to say THANK YOU to my gorgeous models for allowing me to post their photos! I get to work with some of the most beautiful women in the world!

For those of you DIY's out there looking to do some pin ups on your own, I thought I would throw out some advice...

Let's start with makeup. NO glitter, not on your eyes, face, or body! It can reflect light and look like acne. Keep it simple. Use a matte base that matches your neck as much as possible. If your base is too light for your skin it will look as though someone put your head on another body. Go easy on the bronzer, just using enough to contour. A light, non shimmery blush is all you need on the apples of your cheeks.

In these photos lashes are essential. Buy a set of thick falsies, preferably real hair ones. Make sure you trim them if needed. Liquid liner is best in a charcoal black, again not shimmery. If you are doing your own makeup and can't quite master the wings at the corner of the eyes, don't worry, your falsies will give the appearance of them. Line the top of your eye the way you normally would do (after you have applied the falsies). Then, bring up the thickness of your liner in the middle of the eye with another swipe of liner. You want a circular look to your eye for these shots.

Lips, lips, lips... we all know these pics are all about those sultry red lips. Use a matte red lipstick with a matching liner. When you outline the top lip, round off the middle of your lip slightly. After lining, color in your lip with the liner before applying the lipstick. Do not apply your gloss until right before shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment